Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Barnyard Buddies & Flag Pillow

There was a little dark blue in this week's projects, but it wasn't necessarily the focal point.  Finishing some things was my focus this week in the limited time I had to sew.


The 20" square Flag pillow was the July  pillow-of-the-month project.  I managed to quilt this one myself.  One of the decorative stitches on my machine seemed like the ideal way to stitch-in-the-ditch in a more forgiving manner since I have trouble sewing on those straight lines.  


I finished binding Barnyard Buddies on Friday morning.  There are lots of dark blue triangles in this quilt.  The quilt is actually a lot brighter in different light.  Our back deck in the morning is still in deep shadow because of the trees.  The blocks are Lori Holt designs from her 2 Farm Girl Vintage books, set in the Circle of Nine layout.  I just can't help but smile every time I look at this one.  Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the other 43 blocks (all 12") that I've made from her books.  


Four new Roll One blocks came together this week using blue in those medium to dark hues.  


And 6 more Boxed Squares for a Quilt of Valor - using dark blues.  I'm more than halfway towards having enough of these 6.5" blocks for a whole quilt.

I'm linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today:

10 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the two finishes. The pillow turned out beautifully and the quilt is such fun. Happy stitching today, hopefully you'll use more scraps this week.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I ❤️ Barnyard Buddies - the fabrics are fun and look fabulous together in that design.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The pillow is great, and I love the Barnyard Buddies quilt, too! That's a neat setting. I like using a decorative stitch for quilting for the same reason as you mentioned - stitching in the ditch is challenging!

Vicki in MN said...

I can see why Barnyard buddies just makes you smile, it does me too! It is just as cute as can bee;)

maggie fellow said...

congrats- barnyard is very cute and it is great to have red white and blue anytime

Maggie said...

Beautiful blocks and finish projects.

Jenny said...

Love the Barnyard Buddies, such a great layout too.

Susie H said...

Love that pillow! So very patriotic! Your Barnyard Buddies is a very happy quilt. No wonder you can't help but smile!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bits of Dark BLUE throughout your week, Sara. Nice work! Congratulations on the completion of your adorable Barnyard Buddies quilt,too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I really like the barn yard buddies1 Well done!