Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

To Do Tuesday - Red, white, and blue domination

The final blocks needed for the Boxed Squares (Quilt of Valor) are done, and the 90 blocks are ready to lay out on the floor.  I like having quilt blocks on the floor for a couple of days, or sometimes only hours, while I walk by occasionally and make changes to block locations.  It gives me a chance to "live with" the colors and do any rearranging needed before pinning rows together.  

And while I had the red, white, and blue fabrics scattered around my work space, I couldn't resist making a patriotic version of the Summer Soiree block that I made last week with bright batiks and prints.  This is block #1 of a Pat Sloan sew-along project with one block released each Wednesday.  I have no idea whether or not both versions will continue to happen for me, but it was fun to play with the second color combination.    

Check out To Do Tuesday at:
https://chrisknits.wordpress.com/

8 comments:

Astrid said...

Love the red, white and blue blocks. The Summer Soiree block is so pretty. I have to check out that SAL!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The patriotic version of the Summer Soirée block looks great. I also like to “live” with a block arrangement a few days before sewing the blocks/rows together.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I love any RW&B quilt, esp for QOV! Beautiful projects!

cityquilter grace said...

wow simple squares with dynamite colors....beautiful!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Seems like retirement is working well for you!!

Ivani said...

Your patriotic star block looks great, Sara.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing your QOV project come together. You've got some great RWB in those blocks

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love that Summer Soiree block. I'll definitely have to look for that QAL.