Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2021

New goals for July

 Summer always seems to fly by at breakneck speed.  And once we hit mid-July my husband spends virtually every weekend playing in a golf tournament until well into September.  So that should leave me with plenty of sewing time, right?  


I neglected to make a goal list for June but I operate better when I have a plan in writing, rather than just floating around in my head. LOL  So, here is a list of what I really WANT to work on in July. 

  • Bind the Barnyard Buddies quilt
  • Saturday Sampler (July sections)
  • Farmer's Wife Sampler weekly blocks
  • Simple Whatnots 
    • cut out and start Kick the Can mini quilt
    • Laundry Line - make some progress in sashing the blocks
  • UFO Challenge project - Hexie Snowman table topper
  • Flag - Pillow of the Month (quilt front & assemble)
  • Halloween pillowcases for the grandkids
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge in medium to dark blue (or dark neutrals)
    • Bunny block
    • House block
    • misc scrappy blocks (Roll On, Ohio Star, etc.)
  • cut out Starry Checks - the Pick a PIG from June that I didn't start
So far, keeping up with the Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks has been easy.  We are doing 2 per week which is very manageable.  The book provides templates but no actual measurements, so I've printed the templates and then also added some notes about measurements to make cutting a bit quicker.  


Sometimes I look at the page for a block and think "yuck" about how drab the block looks.  But then it turns out very different once I get it made in my own fabrics.  Storm Signal is a great example of that.  Very drab in the book, but I used a light "shirting" type of print in mine and it changed a lot.  Plus this block looked really complicated, and it was so simple to piece.  The dark block in the upper right was the one I had trouble with earlier in the week. I love the design but had trouble getting it the right size.


I'm using Kim Diehl leftover fabrics, but must admit that I bought an extra chunk of that new pink - just because I really liked it - and used it for the star block this week.  I just had to!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice blocks and I spy a paisley print too!

Kate said...

Your Farmer's Wife blocks look great. Good luck with you July to do list. Lots of fun stuff to play with this month.