Pages

Monday, July 12, 2021

Design Wall Monday - July 12 - Blocks GALORE!

I’ve set a couple of mini goals for myself this week, including making enough blocks to finish what is needed for a couple of projects that are in the works.  And I got a good start on Sunday - sewing while watching Minnesota Twins baseball on TV.  And this morning I’m linking up with Design Wall Monday:   https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

These 4 blocks are made for our guild’s baby quilt project.  We present a baby quilt for the first New Year’s baby at the local hospital each year.  This year the committee provided the cream rectangles, and asked us to create any 6.5” unfinished block using soft pastels with that 2.5” by 6.5” rectangle.  We could sign up for how many blocks we would make.  I think this new quilt will turn out very sweet. 

I got 9 more Boxed Square blocks made for a new Quilt of Valor.  That brings my total to 84 of the 90 I need for a quilt top.  I’m really anxious to get this top put together to see how these 6.5" blocks look together.  That is more motivation to get those last 6 blocks done today or tomorrow.  

Enough Roll On blocks for another quilt is actually a moving target.  I’m not sure how many I want to use, because it depends on how big I want this quilt.  I had 30 already, and added 4 new ones last week.  There are 5 more ready to put together this week - so far.  This is another one of those projects that is easy to kit up for mindless sewing. 


Two more quad sections of Tulip Time are also done, with 5 of the individual tulip blocks sewn on Sunday too.  The quad is made up of 4 tulip blocks and 1" sashing strips.  There are now 19 quad sections and the parts for the tulip blocks for #20 are laid out on paper plates, ready to sew.  This is a long term project as I don't know how big I want this quilt or even how I want to lay it out.  There are lots of options to consider.  

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Isn't it great to able to just make blocks and decide on a setting for them later. I forget if you are using a pattern for the Roll On blocks or just freehand cutting them?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The tulip blocks are my favorite of these projects. I think the Boxed Square blocks will make an attractive QOV, especially with the solids and semi solids mixed in.

Nann said...

Lots of scrappy potential coming to fruition this week!

woolyjooly said...

Wow, quite industrious Cuzzin! I get tired just looking at all your crafty projects. Beautiful baby quilt to come, btw. Love the colors. Made any pillowcases, lately? LOL

Pam said...

Wow! what great colors! Also what special grandchildren you have. Lucky you-I don't think my daughter is going to help me in this regard.

Kate said...

You've been moving along on multiple projects. I really like you QOV quilt blocks and the tulips are such fun.