Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

UFOs and other stuff

 In addition to my monthly goal list, I'm participating again this year in a couple of challenges to finish projects. The Pin Cushion has a local PHD (projects half done) going on and I am excited to say that I have 9 of my 12 listed projects completed so far.  

For the APQ UFO Challenge again this year I've put 3 choices on my list for each number.  Well, the July number posted is #12.  Here is what my list has on it.


The first item on my list is actually already done, so it's crossed off.  Yay!!  Kisses From Heaven is a large round applique project full of lots of small details, and I just don't think I want to dig into it right now so it's getting set aside - again.  That left my "Pick a PIG" option so I've selected a small appliqued table topper that also contains the painted fabric sections I want so much to try out. 


Can you tell where I'm going with this project?  My inspiration came from Vicki - and she has generously provided a link to a tutorial in her post, plus pictures of more than just this project.  Her table runner designs are always so much FUN!!  My plan is to alternate the wedges with the painted snowflakes with the appliqued snowmen.  


The parts are all cut and ready to go.  The snowman heads will be easy to applique, and I'm ready to paint those snowflakes.  Now I just need to decide which snowflake on the stencil to use.  There are different sizes and different designs on the stencil and they are all pretty.  And I need to measure the 3 hexies to make sure I put the snowflakes in the same location on each.  So many opportunities to mess this up, right?  But it will be fun to step outside of my comfort zone and try a new technique. 

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Love seeing that you are going to make this!!! I pretty much just eyeball where I stencil my snowflakes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like an interesting project!

Kate said...

Good luck with your stretch project for the month. Happy stitching and happy 4th of July.