Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Dark blue borders on Boxed Squares

 I need some input on which dark blue border to use on the Boxed Squares quilt. Help, please!!  And a big Thank You for any input you might have.


Border choice #1 is a batik with a very subtle stripe.  


Border choice #2 is a navy blue with stars.  

This quilt definitely needs some borders to make it larger, and I've decided on a single wide border on all sides.  But I can't decide between these 2 options. What do YOU think?


One other project yesterday that is done - 2 sets of pillowcases for my cousin. We went shopping together when she visited, and she bought the fabrics to make these 2 sets of pillowcases for her as gifts she plans to give.  Chickadees and dog bones!!  They both made cute pillowcases. 

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week.  
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/


16 comments:

Linda Enneking said...

I like the stars.

JoAnne said...

I love the border with the stars! Nice quilt!

Violet Withey said...

My vote is the stars. Violet

Bonnie said...

I see why it's hard to make a decision. Part of me wants to pick the blue with the lighter stripes. But the other part wants the stars. I'm guessing in the end I would pick the stars. My only hesitation is that bottom block with the border of stars is really busy. I can't decide if the star border is more calming or the top border shown. Have fun making a decision. Nifty pillowcases.

LA Paylor said...

for what it's worth the stars are more playful and fun to me.They bring in the colors of the quilt without being distracting

Maggie said...

Wow, the stars light up the quilt. So much energy when it is placed next to the squares. Have a wonderful weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the stars!

Shepherdess55 said...

I vote for the stars. It carries on the star theme in many fabrics in the Boxed Squares.

Shepherdess55 said...

I vote for the stars. It carries on the star theme in many of the fabrics in the Boxed Squares.

Jenny said...

Looks like the stars win! I did wonder if the first choice might be better as a calming influence but.....then changed my mind to the stars.

Barbara said...

The stars

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Both are good choices, depending on how you want the quilt to feel. For calm, choice #1. For lively, choice #2. Any way you go, it will be a great quilt.

Mari said...

Stars all the way! And what very cute pillowcases!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the stars! Now to go back and see what everyone else said:)

Sue said...

Glad you picked the stars. It looks great!

grammajudyb said...

I’m in the minority! I like the subtle stripes. I’m weird like that!