Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Boxed Squares - ready to quilt

 I followed the majority of the feedback provided here on my blog and on Facebook, and chose to use the navy fabric with stars for the border on Boxed Squares.  It's nice to get a fresh set of eyes to look at a project sometimes.  Thank you to those who responded.  


The navy star print looks good as a border, and I’m happy with the results.  This is the 3rd Quilt of Valor top I’ve made this summer.  But it might not be the last one.

One of the other sewing projects I worked on Saturday morning was another 4 of the tulip blocks that I had kitted up.  There were 12 tulips on the paper plates ready to sew.  

And I finished up this week’s Farmer Wife Sampler blocks.  The Checkerboard block was very simple, but the other block used all odd shaped templates, and I was a bit worried about getting that one made correctly.  And I'm stumped about the asymmetrical color placement, but I followed the picture in the book precisely.  


I do have to admit that the little angles cut onto the tips of each piece does make it much easier to get these pieces to fit together.  But I’m going to take the middle seam apart and press them open to help reduce the bulk in the very center, and to help match up those center points.  It should be a quick fix.

I've been thinking about what color sashing to use between these blocks.  Any thoughts are certainly welcome, as we're getting close to having half of the blocks done.  

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a really different block, very interesting! Oh I like the burgundy color for a border!