Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Focus makes a difference

 Yesterday turned out to be a good day to focus, and I managed to get a LOT of things done.  Dave was gone shortly after 9:00 am to play in a golf tournament and I headed downstairs to sew.  Quiet, uninterrupted time paid off.


I made 8 more tulips to add to the 4 that were finished on Monday.  All 12 of them are now sewn into "quad" sections, making 22 of them total.  For right now I'm thinking I will need nearly double that number to make a queen sized quilt for my bed, which is the current plan.  But we'll see how it goes.


All 10 rows of the Boxed Squares blocks are assembled, and the top 5 rows are sewn together.  Next step is sewing the bottom 5 rows together and then combine the 2 halves.  I'm confident that I can finish that yet this week.  


Five of the 7 rows for the Roll On quilt are also assembled, with 2 more rows pinned into order in stacks.  I alternated the Roll On blocks with the Boxed Square blocks when assembling the rows.  It worked great and kept me from accidently pulling a block from the wrong stack.  


With all of the scrappy sewing I've done lately, I also have a mess again on my cutting station.  So it's time to clean this up - again.  I did really well keeping this area clean for several months, but then I got lazy about putting things away!  However, when I see 2 new quilt tops nearly done thanks to all that scrappy block creation, then the mess becomes worth it. 


There is also a BIG basket of odds and ends that has been moved upstairs with the hope of organizing that while watching evening TV later this week.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Creativity is not a tidy process. The tulip blocks are beauties and will make a beautiful Queen size quilt.

cityquilter grace said...

such fun projects....and yes a scrappy mess means fun!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love your tulip blocks.