Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Checking off some goals

One of my main goals every month is to keep up with the Saturday Sampler.  Some years we do a block or two each month, but this sampler is being done in sections.  And although each section is a different size, all are from the Lori Holt book Quilty Fun.  They are kind of like puzzle pieces, and it's still a mystery as to how they will fit together.  This month we did sections 17 and 18.


I can't wait to start putting the puzzle pieces together into the final layout.  The 30s prints make this such a cheerful quilt, but I've seen a few other fabric choices and those are beautiful too.  It's always interesting how unique each person's Saturday Sampler turns out. 


Something I had NOT planned to do was join in on any new Sew-Along, but here I am . . . joining in on Pat Sloan's Summer Soiree.  So far I've made 2 versions of the first 2 block patterns.  One is going to be bright summery colors, possibly adding a floral into each block in some way.  The second is going to be a red, white, and blue version.  I believe I may switch out those red corners on the bottom right to white corners so there is more contrast. 


Another goal for the month is to keep making progress with the Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots club projects.  I got very hung up on the Laundry Line project, and it still isn't completely done.  But our new club started at the end of June, and the mini quilt is a much easier one called Kick the Can.   The new fabric line for this year is so pretty, with quite a few lighter colors than usual which I really like. I've gotten a good start on the 25 little (4.5") blocks so far.  


The little blocks make a good "leader/ender" kind of task between sewing together the long rows of Boxed Squares.   The first 2 rows are pinned and ready to combine.  

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

You have a lot of irons in the fire(just like me!).

Astrid said...

The Lori Holt blocks look like sew much fun. I've done a couple of Sew-Alongs earlier and said I won't do more. HA! I'm joining the Summer Soiree too! Yet to make the blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have some fun projects going on! I love the Lori Holt blocks - and the background fabric is great!

Mari said...

I always resolve not to join in in these quilt alongs, but they're always so tempting. I have no willpower. I love the Lori Holt blocks! I'm sure that will be a very cheerful quilt.

Preeti said...

So cheerful. I love your blocks made with 30's prints. Stay cool.