Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Sew many little bits of progress

 I must admit to having a personality problem - when I'm told a contractor would arrive "first thing Monday morning", then I expect that to be around 8:00 or 8:30 in the morning.  Is it too much trouble for them to let us know they were not going to get here in the morning or at all?  A good share of my Monday morning was wasted just hanging around upstairs watching for that contractor, since I can't always hear the doorbell from my basement sewing room.    


By 10:30 am I was totally annoyed and went downstairs to sew anyway.  I got Row 3 and Row 4 added onto the Boxed Squares Quilt of Valor.  Row 5 is assembled, and there are 5 more rows to be assembled before I can add them to the quilt.  But then I went upstairs to make sure I hadn't missed the contractor showing up.  Nope!  Still no sign of him.


So I went back downstairs and pulled out the paper plates holding Tulip Time parts.  There were enough background, leaves, petals, etc. already cut to make 9 tulips.  I managed to get 4 of those sewn before lunch.  Now that I see that purple block in the upper right corner, that background is awfully dark.  So this group of 4 will not necessarily end up together as it stands out too much against the whiter backgrounds. 


The next 5 were all layed out on my ironing board, ready to sew.  I may change out the dull dusty pink petal sections for a brighter color, like red.  And that dark one on the far right is actually purple with hot pink splashes, but sure doesn't look very colorful in the photo.  Chalk it up to poor lighting. 

These make good leader/ender tasks in between those Boxed Squares sections.  So maybe I'll get another row or two onto that QOV at the same time this week.  Little bits of progress every day, right? 

Oh - and at 12:45 pm I finally got a call to tell me the contractor wouldn't make it on Monday at all and that we would have to reschedule.   

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Next time put a note on the door, I am home but in the basement I may not hear you knock, call me at .... the bum anyway. Last week our electricians were an hour early:) I was not dressed for the day yet!

Nann said...

The scrappy tulip garden is coming along so nicely! The dusty pink may blend in just fine, but I know that if it gives you pause now you will zero in on it forever.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh I hate that when you are waiting and waiting and then never show or are super late. They think we have all the time in the world and aren't doing anything! Nice to see you made some progress on your projects anyway.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Far Side has a good solution for next time you’re expecting the contractor. Your time is as valuable as his/hers. Love the tulips!

Moneik said...

I hate when contractors do not show up on time. I'm glad you were able to make some progress! Your blocks are coming together nicely.