Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Back to some red

It's definitely time to get this table runner finished - before it becomes a UFO.  Actually there probably wasn't much danger of being set aside because I love the red/blue star fabric so much.  Red is one of my most favorite colors, and this one really makes me happy.     


The patriotic table runner has grown a bit longer since I took the photo above, by the addition of another "mountain" section.  It has been sandwiched, and I've begun quilting it using the basic serpentine stitch on my machine following the seam lines.  So far I'm doing every other seam, but may decide to go back and fill in the others.  We'll see how it looks.  


A blue binding, with more stars, is prepped and ready to go once I finish the quilting.  There are even stars in that white background.   

I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this morning, so check out more red projects.
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The star theme of your tablerunner fabric is perfect for red, white, and blue! That's going to be so pretty!

Ivani said...

A beautiful patriotic table runner and the serpentine quinting looks perfect for it, Sara!

grammajudyb said...

Awesome table runner! I too, am a push over for star fabric! I’m happy to have my big machine back so I have a serpentine stitch. My Janome Gem doesn’t have one and I missed it while Bernie was in the shop!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Very pretty! I love all the starred fabric in this project.

Deb A said...

What a great little table topper! Very patriotic.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome RED project, Sara!!

Kate said...

The red and blue star fabric worked out really well. What a great table runner for the upcoming summer holidays.