Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Brick Street is a flimsy

 The 3 simple borders are on Brick Street and it's a complete top.  There is enough of the bigger floral fabric for binding, and all of the rest is back into the stash (cream) and scrap baskets (pink).  The wind was blowing just enough that the quilt didn't want to lie flat on the lawn for a picture.  But the colors look much prettier in the sunlight than in the house. 


This flimsy may be donated "as is", for some other group to quilt.  I'll send the binding fabric along with it when I mail it to some worthy group.  There are plenty of wonderful groups looking for quilt tops, so I'm happy to be able to share this one.  


And, guess what?  That means I have an empty project box - ready for a new UFO or PIG to fill it up and join the list of things I hope to finish.  Maybe I am finally making a dent in that enormous stash I've accumulated over the past almost 40 years of quilting. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s a lovely quilt and will delight the person who receives it. Congratulations on another finished project.

Vicki in MN said...

Can't you just see someone all cuddled up in that quilt! Way to go to empty a bin!