Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Another scrappy RSC finish

The final stitch went into the green binding for this quilt this week.  This was another Rainbow Scrap Challenge project, with blocks made throughout 2020.  I'm linking up to the RSC group today:
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/


The block is a free pattern from Moda Bake Shop called Ritzy Crackers. I would bet that this isn't the last time I use this pattern.  

This isn't my first Ritzy Cracker quilt.  About 3 years ago I made blocks like these for signatures at my husband's family reunion.  That quilt had 90+ blocks in it.  This one only has 70, but my 6' tall husband is holding it up in this photo so it's a nice sized quilt.  And our Quilt of Valor group has made a couple of quilts using this block as well.  It's so versatile, as well as easy. 

12 comments:

Deb A said...

Very pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a pretty quilt, Sara! I've never made those blocks, but the design they create really appeals to me. Sounds perfect for a signature block!

Mari said...

This is so great! I love all the color and how a simple block can make a great quilt. Congratulations on the finish!

Cathy said...

Love your quilt! I’ve made a couple of those as well - the blocks are easy and addicting! Congrats on a great finish.

Kathy S. said...

That's a cute RSC project, Sara. Nicely done. Great use of scraps.

scraphappy said...

I love seeing finished RSC quilts. What a fun collection of color! I can see why you keep coming back to that pattern.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Another great finish! I agree that the block is versatile, easy and a fantastic scrap buster.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on completing another RSC quilt, Sara!!

Linda said...

Lovely quilt. Obviously a very versatile pattern.

Arish said...

Precioso. BESICOS.

grammajudyb said...

I may have to add Ritzy Cracker to my list of blocks to try! It looks like fun!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! That's a beautiful quilt and looks fun to make.