Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Mid-week progress


The fourth block for Laundry Line is done.  The left side lays nice and flat. The right side doesn't want to lie flat.  But it is done and the next one is started.  Maybe by the time I get down to the 9th and final block I'll have it figured out.


This week's Farmers Wife Sampler blocks are Streak of Lightning and Waterwheel.  These were both easy ones, especially the Streak of Lightning.  So far I'm keeping up with these every week. Yay!!

No sewing occurred on Tuesday at all.  I worked a couple of hours in the morning, went grocery shopping, and then spent the afternoon with friends playing cards.  Our usual game has been Hand and Foot, but have gotten wild and switched things up a bit.  We played Five Crowns which is another great game for playing while talking.  It's so easy that I think I may have to introduce this game to some of the grandkids.  


Today, I plan to be back in my sewing room after catching up with my online students again.  It's close to the end of the semester so they've been VERY busy!!

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

My sister introduced me to Five Crowns: it’s a fun game and easy to learn. Great blocks - you’ll have the Laundry Line blocks finished before too long.

Moneik said...

Blocks look great. It's finals week for me, so it's been extremely busy. I'm looking forward to the end.

Nann said...

What a great design! I like Kim Diehl's patterns, but I don't think I've seen this one.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What fun to play cards with friends we have not done that yet! Your laundry line blocks are ever so beautiful!