Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I love red

 Red is one of my favorite colors, and it's the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Having Monday off work meant I spent a lot of time sewing and playing with red.  


My red house block came together quickly.  I'm a little critical of the lack of contrast when I've made these blocks, but then when I lay them next to the other blocks it looks fine.  


While the red drawer was open, I made a couple of Roll On blocks. I have 18 of them so far, working on another bright scrappy quilt eventually.  


Playing with red also led me to dig into some of my patriotic fabrics.  I'm working on some Quilt of Valor blocks using 2 block patterns I've used in other quilts.  One set is the Jelly Belly Bar block, and the other is Boxed Stars.  Both blocks are easy and use 2.5" strips, so I'll be working on reducing some jelly roll strips in the stash as well as yardage and scraps.  The more variety, the better.  

4 comments:

Nann said...

I like the heart in your house block! This month's reds are so dynamic, aren't they?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great red blocks! I should pick a couple of block patterns and work on them throughout the year.

Preeti said...

I love the heart shaped smoke out of the chimney :-D So fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love red too! I enjoyed seeing all your blocks!