Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Jelly Belly Bars is assembled

This is a quilt top that really pleases me.  Jelly Belly Bars is a free pattern from Moda Bake Shop that I just made for the first time this spring.  And once I made that first one, I just knew I needed to make it again.  So fast!!  And all of that red is satisfying this month's RSC color.  


This time I made it with random patriotic prints from my stash.  The white (5" x 10") bar in the center of each block came from scrappy white-on-white fabrics.  The colored 2.5" frames around them came from a mix of scraps, jelly roll strips, and yardage.  It takes 31 blocks, with 6 of them cut for the edges - not exactly in half, but close.  As is, this top is 55 x 60, made up of 7 rows of blocks.  One more row added to the bottom or top would make an even better size, so I'm considering making another 5 blocks for that extra row.   

One of my readers mentioned that this would be a good block for a signature quilt for a wedding or graduation or family reunion.  Wonderful idea!!

I'm linking up this morning to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I love how fast this came together for you!

Ivani said...

It is a beautiful patriotic quilt, Sara.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

looks great! I've been eyeing that pattern to try...thanks for the inspiration!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely way to use your patriotic and RED scraps, strips, and yardage, Sara!! Thanks for the details so we can give it a try.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a neat design! I can see why you would make it again!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, that's cute!