Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

More Quilt of Valor projects

 Boxed Squares are 6.5" unfinished blocks, so it will take quite a few of them to make a Quilt of Valor, but I have a good start.  These 13 will gradually be joined by more.  This is another quick block that will work nicely with scraps, but also from jelly rolls.  Or fat quarters or yardage.  And I  have plenty of all of those to play with. 


And there are now 16 of the patriotic Jelly Belly Bars blocks, so I'm about halfway to a Quilt of Valor.  I'm using scrappy white centers for this set of blocks, but I think these would look just great with blue or red or any patriotic print used in the center.  


This is a block that will be very easy to collect for a group project too.  It was a free block from Fat Quarter Shop.   The center is cut 5" by 10".  Then the 2.5" strips are added all around, long side first.  So each block ends up 14" by 9".   

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Boxed Squares helped me bring my 2.5” scrap bin under control. I made two tops for the local Prayers and Squares group. Next time I may make them for a QOV.