Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Squirrels are everywhere

 Here it is Tuesday already, and maybe I'll get into my sewing room later today after a few days of neglect and distractions.  



The first squirrel on Saturday afternoon was golf related.  I had planned to sew in the afternoon, but sat down to watch a little golf on TV while I ate lunch.  I did get some binding done while watching, but never did go downstairs.  Then on Sunday I was distracted again by that golf squirrel.  My husband made an 11:30 tee time for us - so that pretty much took care of my whole day.  I only played 9 holes, but rode in the cart with him while he finished out his 18.  It was a very slow round and once we got home it was time to start supper.  But it was a beautiful day to be outside.  

The "fun" squirrels were busy on Monday too.  I got a much needed pedicure in the morning, Zoomed with LeeAnna after lunch, and then just as I was headed down the stairs to the sewing room . . . my husband said "let's go to Menards" for deck stain and a new lock for a door.  Just a quick trip, right?

Next thing I know we are at a local lumber business pricing out new doors.  This morning we have a person coming to measure the 3 doors we MAY replace completely.  How did that plan change from just replacing a lock on one door?  

Oh - and a crew of 3 guys just arrived to do the installation on some electronics for my husband's basement office.  They've been in and out, in and out, in and out . . .

But I'm determined to get a little sewing in today before heading out this afternoon to go to our granddaughter's softball game 80 miles away.  Maybe we should take bets on whether that sewing actually happens.  

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

After last year, it’s nice to have a few fun squirrels. Enjoy!