Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

Design Wall Monday - May 3

 May is beginning with a flurry of projects fighting for my attention.  That is kind of fun, as long as I take the time to "enjoy the process".  Thank you Cindy for that reminder on Friday!!


This is the beginning of a table runner using just 2 fabrics.  I have one more section to make.  This was an idea I stole from Vicki in MN, who has been sharing some of the gorgeous table runners she makes.  I absolutely loved a blue one like this that she posted about and told her she had definitely inspired me to make one too.  Bonnie Hunter calls this pattern Mountain Majesty.  Eleanor Burns called it Delectable Mountains.  And the Missouri Star Quilt Company calls it Grand Adventure.  Sometimes the blocks are arranged with both "peaks" paired up top and bottom, and sometimes you see it layed out like a zig zag like this.  I haven't figured out yet how I'll quilt this one.


Another project on my design wall this morning is Laundry Line.  This is the 4th block out of 9 total, and it should be done later this morning.  Lots of little pieces to these, but I'm making progress.  Another one is started as well.  


And finally, some planning is going into a couple of additional projects.  I have 20 of these leftover layer cake pieces, which will make 80 new blocks once I cut each one into 4 charms.  There were 8 blocks left over from a previous quilt but they had a thin white sashing on 2 sides.  I pulled that sashing off over the weekend, and will buy new yardage to do the sashings the same on all of the blocks.  I need to do a little calculating to make sure I buy enough for the project.  This may or may not see any additional progress in May, but at least I'll have a plan.  

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday:

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great design on the table runner! I just love the colors of the laundry line:)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love that idea for a table runner, especially in the fabrics you selected.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh boy you are whipping up a gorgeous table runner! I quilted another just this morning. I might have also pieced one over the weekend and might get it quilted tomorrow. They are so fun aren't they!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What pretty fabrics you are working with on all of your projects. Looking forward to seeing the table runner completed- such a beauty. Happy quilting