Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

Design Wall Monday - Pick a PIG monthly goal

 One of my goals this year is to Pick a PIG each month to bring a step forward.  Three of the canvas cubes in this shelving unit contain those PIGS.  And yes, there are more in another drawer (or 2) on the other side of my sewing room.  Too many Projects in Grocery Bags - basically kits not started.  But admitting I have a problem is a good start, right? 


So, I'm working on paring those down this year.  And I'm being realistic enough to know that just because I pulled something out of a drawer doesn't mean I'll finish it that month.  But it brings the project out into the light of day, and hopefully will be a step closer to being made. 


The project box I emptied by making the Brick Street quilt now holds a new PIG to play with - Starry Checkers.  It's a wall hanging/table topper that was part of a Sew Sampler box from my Fat Quarter Shop subscription.  I think this would also make a very sweet baby quilt.  The Sew Sampler box contained the 2 charm packs and the pattern.  

I've dug into the stash and found a grey for those star points.  It's a lighter shade of grey than the picture on the pattern, but I think it will work just fine.  The white background is going to be scrappy white-on-white as I always have plenty of that in the stash.  This PIG is ready for some forward progress, and should be lots of fun to make.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Cute pattern and fabrics for a baby quilt. It will be a fun quilt to make.

Bonnie said...

Go, go, go! Pigs need to be made up. I wonder how many pigs are hanging around my house?

Nann said...

The PIG storage (would that be the pig pen?) is very colorful. Do you transfer things from the drawers on the other side to these bins? [It's always interesting to see people's systems.] Starry Checkers looks like a good scrap-buster.