Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday morning sewing

Lots of sewing fun was had this morning, and now I need to spend the afternoon calculating grades for some of my online students as they finish up the spring semester.   


One blue Jelly Belly Bar block is added to the stack of patriotic blocks for a new Quilt of Valor.  And 2 more Boxed Squares are added to that QOV project.  Because these blocks are so easy, they make a good distraction from the next thing I worked on.  


I worked on the parts and pieces of the final 4 Laundry Line blocks.  And I finished one more block, so now I just have 3 to go.  Then the pieced sashings will begin.  I noticed there isn't a lot of contrast in this particular block, but I used the exact fabrics the pattern called for so it is what the designer intended.  I'm trying to not obsess over it.  LOL!!


And I caught up with this week's Farmers Wife Sampler blocks.  Basket Weave and Autumn Tint are the names of these blocks.  I didn't use autumn colors for the Autumn Tint block, however.  There are 22 of these 6" (finished) blocks done now, and I know for sure that I wouldn't have gotten this far without the group challenge.  Even though it's just a couple of us, it's still fun to be making these along with someone else and be accountable for getting them done.  


And now - back to my online students.  I had high school kids in 3 different courses this semester, and today is the "official" end of the semester for some of the school districts my students are enrolled.  Everyone in 1 course is done - YAY!!  I have 3 students left to complete course #2, and 3 students remaining in course #3.  After 38 years, this is my FINAL semester, and I'm so ready to be done.  

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Kudos for teaching 38 years! You impacted a lot of young people in your career.

Vicki in MN said...

So nice that you could get some sewing time in during the semester end. Love your new QOV start:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Final Semester that is an accomplishment...sounds like you are ready to retire from it!

Kate said...

Hope all the stragglers have finished up their course work and all the grading is finished.