Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Jelly Belly QOV

It's raining here today, and very chilly.  But that is actually a good thing because we need that rain so badly.  It rained during the night and can rain all day as far as I'm concerned.  It makes for a good day to hide in my sewing room, right?

 I had this quilt top finished, but then decided it would work better for a Quilt of Valor if I added another row of blocks.  That new bottom row was a quick addition and now it's a better length. 


This picture was taken outside on Tuesday afternoon when the wind was blowing, but I did manage to get a good shot before ripples began with that wind.  And you can see the pink quilt lying next to it.  It felt so good to get both of those quilt tops done on Tuesday after not sewing for several days.  They were both so close to being done and I was determined to not set them aside.  Success!!

Now, I can get back to Laundry Line blocks and Farmers Wife Sampler blocks.  

On the non-quilting front, we spent a fun evening watching granddaughter Sophia play softball.  She's on a U10 Fastpitch team and they had 2 games back-to-back.  My girls both played Slow Pitch softball as kids, so this was interesting.  These 10 and under girls are learning to pitch, so after 3 "balls", then the coach steps in to pitch to the batter to speed up the game a bit.  Sophia played 3rd base mostly.  Her dad and mom ended up coaching the team - after volunteering to "help".  


1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love that pattern for a QOV, and your top looks wonderful. I haven’t been to a softball game in years. I need to seek some games out this year.