Pages

Friday, April 30, 2021

Focus on finishes

 My focus this year has been on finishing what I start.  April has been very productive and I'm hoping that continues in May.  The APQ 2021 UFO Challenge announced the number drawn for the month of May, and it's #9.  I have 3 items listed for #9, but the most important one is my batik Saturday Sampler quilt from 2019-2020.  Here is a glimpse of that quilt top which is hanging in the closet, just waiting.  


It's a large quilt already, and all it needs are the final borders.  The pattern calls for 100+ tiny flying geese in one of the borders.  I keep flipping from wanting to make those and not wanting to make those.  My major goal for May is to make a decision on those borders and get it done.

Rectangles will be a flimsy by the end of the weekend, as the rows are sewn together already.  I just need to join the rows together and give it a good pressing.  


What else will I focus on in May?  Well, there were still 3 pillowcases pinned and ready to sew.  Jack's Spiderman pillowcase is now done and ready for his birthday in a month.  There are still 2 more frog pillowcases, and 1 more road pillowcase pinned and waiting to be sewn.  


The Kim Diehl Laundry Line project is going to stay near the top of my project list as well.  Three of the 9 blocks are done, and I've begun 2 more.  That project keeps stalling out as I've had some issues keeping those blocks laying flat which has frustrated me.  But I WILL conquer it.  

The "Pick a PIG" for this month is kitted up and ready to be a finished quilt top.  Four of the blocks are actually sewn as I wanted to test out this pattern that I haven't made before.  It's called Brick Street, from the book Fast and Fun 3-Yard Quilts.  These pinks look so blah in my picture but are actually much prettier in person.  This should be a quick top to make, and one I'll probably do again. 


I'm sure there will be plenty of other things distracting me this month too, but I want forward progress on all of these, even if they aren't all completely finished.   

1 comment:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fun projects! Looking forward to watching your progress on each of them.