Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Catching up

Catching up on my sleep might be my first priority today.  I rarely have insomnia, but for 2 nights in a row now I've seen every hour go by, plus had weird dreams in between.  This morning I got up at 4:00 am and went out to the living room rather than toss and turn and wake up my husband.  Falling asleep on the sofa sometime after 5:30 gave me a short nap at least. 

Laundry Line is one of the Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots projects from this year, and after making one block it was set aside to focus on other projects.  It's time to get back to it and finish it.


 I made that green block at least a month ago.  Now there is a red block and a gold block is well on its way to being done.  There are 9 of these blocks total in the project so I still have a ways to go, but I'll keep plugging away on it because I love this one.  The blocks however have an interesting - but easy - process of construction in order to arrive at that Churn Dash.  

Farmer's Wife Sampler is an online challenge I'm working on this spring, and I was in danger of falling behind.  Every Monday, 2 blocks are posted to the Facebook group.  Last week I only got 1 of the 2 blocks done because I couldn't decide whether or not to follow the original design of the other block.


Cut Glass Dish is an old traditional block with 24 little HSTs - all facing the same direction.  I prefer symmetry and balance, so I just cringed over that right side with the red HSTs touching the bigger red squares.  It didn't feel right - off balance.  So this week, after making the 2 new blocks for the week, I went back to this block.  Just changing the colors didn't help, so I turned those HSTs.  


Notice the change I made - those HST now all face outward.  I'm much happier with this block now.  The challenge is in its 7th week, with all 14 blocks made.  This week's blocks were Economy (red/cream) and Flock (teal).  And now I'm all caught up.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The changes you made to the Cut Glass Dish block are more pleasing to the eye. Love the Laundry Line blocks!

Moneik said...

Great change to the block. I would have struggled with it as well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the Laundry line blocks too and you have improved the looks of that green block too!