Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

Design Wall Monday - April 5

I never set foot in my sewing room over the weekend, but my design wall is full of projects anyway.

I'm linking up with:


Here is my Farmer's Wife Sampler block #20.  I have corner pieces left to add to #22.  These were last week's challenge blocks and today there are 2 more posted to our challenge group online.  I'm using Kim Diehl fabric leftovers for these 6.5" blocks.  


One other task high on my priority list this week is to finish ironing the fusible onto the blue fabrics for the Humble Homes UFO project.  

Why didn't I do any sewing this weekend?  Our guild had a face-to-face meeting on Saturday morning for the first time since last fall.  We met outdoors in a park while the weather permitted, but we finally felt we could meet in person indoors again.  We had about half of our usual membership there but since it was Easter weekend we felt that was pretty good.  It was wonderful to see some of those ladies again and the Show 'n Tell was fantastic!!!

The other reason for no sewing - golf with my husband.  We didn't have any family around for Easter this year, and we had unseasonably warm weather without gale force winds. So, we golfed on Saturday afternoon, and again on Sunday.  We even played 2 different courses.  By the time we got home on Sunday afternoon it was time to put the ham in the oven.  


Needless to say I'm a bit stiff this morning after using muscles again that have been dormant all winter.  
But it was so nice to get out and spend time in the sunshine and fresh air.  

5 comments:

Nann said...

Hasn't the warm spell been wonderful? (But much-needed rain is coming mid-week.) How great to see your guild friends in person!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such pretty blocks that you have been working on . Have a lovely week.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Sewing is not a job (well, maybe it is for you). I'm glad you had a lovely weekend on non-quilting activities.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The weather has been gorgeous here, too. I have a major case of Spring Fever. Once all my friends are vaccinated, we plan to start meeting again. I can’t wait.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Time to be outside ...cause rain is probably coming:)