Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Not really a UFO


I posted over the weekend about these blocks and fabric that I found in the stash.  I thought at the time that it was a UFO, but while moving some old photos from one computer to another this week, I discovered this is actually the leftovers from a baby quilt I made in 2011.  Now I don't feel so bad about this little discovery. 
 

I looked through my blog but evidently didn't post about who I might have given this to. I found this photo of the top and one closeup of the quilting on the back.  But no photo of the finished quilt front after quilting and binding was in my files.  Hmmm . . . wonder why that happened.

The original quilt has just under 50 of the layer cake quarters, with white sashing on 2 sides.  I haven't counted the remaining layer cake squares yet or measured the yardage.  But if there is enough of everything to repeat this pattern I think I'll just remove the existing white sashing on those leftover blocks and replace it with something of a better quality.  It is kind of thin, and it's unlikely that I would find the exact same white fabric anyway. 

This would be another great scrap challenge block as it would just use 5" squares and 2.5" sashing on 2 sides of the block.   Or the squares could be larger and I think it would still work well.  It's the same block but a different layout that our guild used for some baby quilts we made last year. Very versatile.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A NOUFO project? haha!! Those blocks are super cute and you will have another great quilt!!!

Vicki in MN said...

I am really liking this idea Sara. It would make great donation quilts of any size.