Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2021

It's not new, but it's blue

 This week I donated 3 quilts to various charities that are collecting quilts for causes such as chemo patients and foster children programs.  I forgot to take a picture of one quilt, but these are the others.

This pinwheel baby quilt was something I made a couple of years ago. I like to have some baby quilts put away for last minute gift needs.  I really liked this simple pinwheel pattern because it works perfectly with scraps, even a scrappy background.  This one had yardage for the background however. It's very good to finally give it a home.  Since it's blue, I'm posting this one with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge group today:

https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/


This purple and yellow Dresden Plate quilt was one I made several years ago but just had quilted last year.  This was made entirely from stash, including the purple backing I used.  I love the texture that the quilting gave in that yellow area.  This one went to a chemo patient group.  It's a lap size quilt which is the size they wanted.  

It feels so good to share a quilt with a program that pays it forward.  We can't keep them all, even though it sometimes seems like I keep too many.  

11 comments:

Mari said...

They're so pretty! I'm sure they will be loved and appreciated.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Both are lovely finishes. Well done.

maggie fellow said...

I keep many of mine too, I figure they will all be donated when I am gone

Cathy said...

I love, love that pinwheel quilt. Super finishes!

Deb A said...

Very pretty quilts and yes, nice to pay it forward to those that will love and appreciate them. Pinwheels would make a great RSC quilt.... must put it on the list! Thanks.

Ivani said...

Lovely quilts. They will be appreciate and treasured forever.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a generous donation, Sara! The recipients are sure to love their new quilts.

Linda said...

Lovely quilts, they will be appreciated. The Pinwheel quilt is so delicate and pretty.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your pinwheel quilt! I too like to have little quilts on hand for that last minute gift.

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful!! :)

Jenny said...

Its always nice to have a quilt or two ready to donate to good cause.