Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2021

April goals

Here it is already the 4th of April and I'm just getting around to laying out my goals for the month.  Time needs to slow down!!  But I do find that if I write these goals down, then I focus better. 


Ironically, the number selected for the UFO Challenge this month was #4, and of the 3 items I have listed for that number, 2 are already flimsies.  The Ritzy Cracker quilt is going to be in the hands of a quilter this week, and I just finished the small flimsy for Bee Patriotic on March 31.  I plan to quilt that one myself - maybe.  But I may wait to work on the Bargello kit until after I make more progress on some other ongoing projects.   


One of the UFO projects that I'm continuing to work on this month is Humble Homes, which was a February project.  At the retreat in late February I traced the house pieces onto fusible webbing.  And I've begun to iron those onto blue fabrics.  The blues will range from light to dark, with some batiks and some other subtle blue-on-blue prints.  The houses and trees that came in the kit were all laser cut but without fusible.  The trees are all different shades of green, but those houses were UGLY colors and prints - not at all like the picture on the pattern.  Since I was replacing the houses, I decided to do the fusible before cutting. 


My April goals are going to be a bit less ambitious than the past few months as I'm hoping to spend more time outdoors as spring gets rolling around here.
  • Saturday Sampler - April sections (2)
  • Farmer's Wife Sampler - keep up with weekly blocks (2 per week)
  • Roll On baby quilt - finish sewing rows together
  • work on Humble Homes (houses & trees)
  • Quilt and/or Bind
    • bind flamingo Quick Strippee
    • quilt & bind Bee Patriotic
    • bind one additional UFO
  • Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks - light & bright blues
    • 1 House/Heart block
    • 4 string blocks
    • finish final 3 Gingham blocks & sew top together
    • 4 Tulip Time blocks
    • 4 Wisdom blocks
    • 2 or more Roll On blocks
  • Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots
    • Laundry Line - make at least 2 more sections
    • cut out one more mini quilt
  • Pillows & pillowcases
    • Jack's birthday pillowcase
    • kit up 2 QOV pillowcases
    • March Pillow of Month kit (wreath of flowers)
    • April Pillow of Month kit ????
  • Organization
    • finish organizing the batik drawers by color
    • organize my Kim Diehl fabrics & kits 
OK, that is a much longer list than I anticipated when I started working on it.  Yikes!!  

No comments: