Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Jelly Belly Bars

 It's done!  Yay!  This is Jelly Belly Bars.  I cut the kit from a jelly roll and background to take to a retreat in late February.  


Most of the blocks were made at the retreat, but that is also when I realized that my jelly roll had only been a half jelly roll.  But between a gift of leftovers from my friend Moneik, plus a little purchased yardage, I was able to finish it up.  It's a great cuddle up size, and I plan to gift it. 


Carol quilted this one for me.  She used a beautiful aqua thread to stitch a swirly flower design all over.  I love how it turned out.  And I do believe this is a pattern I'll use again.  I can picture this pattern as a Quilt of Valor done with red and blue strips around a patriotic print.  Hmmm - that may have to be a plan to pursue!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

really nice

Vicki in MN said...

Your choice of fabrics are spot on;) A great finish.

Arish said...

Es precioso. BESICOS.

Moneik said...

It is just gorgeous! I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So pretty! The quilting is just perfect!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Nice! The pattern would make a nice QOV.