Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

To Do Tuesday

 I'm still trying to focus this week on finishing those tasks first that are the easiest to accomplish.  That included making this week's challenge blocks for the online Farmers Wife Sampler I'm doing.  Whirlwind and Wrench - it couldn't get much easier than these 2 blocks.  Our host hinted that next week's blocks will be more complicated. Since these are 6" finished blocks, I know that means lots of small pieces or odd shaped templates.  But it has been fun so far.


All 6 rows of Gingham are sewn together.  Next step is to press those seams, and assemble the rows into a finished top.  The 2 skirt hangers holding these blocks in the closet are now empty, and ready for new block sets.  I love organizing my RSC block sets clipped to skirt hangers.  


I finished that gold block for Laundry Line.  That is block 3 of the 9 for that Kim Diehl project.  One block at a time is slow going, but I'll eventually get them all done.  The pieces are all cut and organized on my design boards, so it is easy enough to move a board back over to my table when I want to work on these.  


My cutting station needed to be tidied up again, so I kitted up 8 more Tulip Time blocks from the scraps I had laying around.  Because my 3 design boards are all in use right now, I layed those little sets on paper plates.  I have a whole stack of them after using them to organize my One Block Wonder quilts.  These are ready to sew as Leaders and Enders whenever I need them.  And better yet - my cutting station is clean again. Yay!!


I also kitted up a Spiderman pillowcase for Jack's 6th birthday in early June.  I've had the fabric laying around for ages.  Again - it's something I can grab to quickly finish up.  


Forward steps on several projects - and it's only Tuesday!  It's amazing to me how much more sewing I am getting in now that my work hours are shrinking a little bit. 

I'm linking up with Chris' To Do Tuesday because writing these down helps me stay accountable to what I want to accomplish :

5 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Having fabric cut and blocks prepped is handy for squeezing sewing time into a busy day. I’m going to start using skirt hangers - it’s a great idea. Thanks

Far Side of Fifty said...

I really like that Laundry Line block, looks like lots of sewing!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow that's a beautiful block, and so many little pieces! I love Kim Diehl and am anxious to see what you're doing with those!

chrisknits said...

He will love that pillow case! Looks like you have things in order for the week! Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

Kate said...

That Kim Diehl block is gorgeous. Lots of stitching to get that one together, but it's definitely work the effort. The Spidey pillow case is going to be a fun gift. Enjoy your stitching time this week and good luck with all your to dos.