Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Design Wall Monday - April 12

One of my very favorite “quilty” activities has been attending the monthly Saturday Sampler at The Pin Cushion.  I've been doing them for many, many years now.  The Show 'n Tell was always fun and inspiring, the shop would introduce lots of interesting new fabrics, books, tools, and the block demo has taught me so many new techniques and improved my skills.

I sure miss those face-to-face Saturday Sampler mornings, and am hoping that with the vaccinations progressing we'll be able to meet in person again soon.  In the meantime, the shop is posting videos on Facebook and we pick up our month's instructions at the shop.  I'm sure I've mentioned before that we are working on a mystery based on Lori Holt's book Quilty Fun


I've chosen to use my 30s stash for this one. So it will be bright and cheery.  Each month we get 2 "sections" to sew.  This month we did tulips and snowballs.  The tulips were fast and the snowballs definitely took awhile to get those little corners all done.  


One more project has also become a finished top.  This is Roll On, and was made with a couple of 30s charm packs from my stash.   It's a baby quilt and may end up getting a border of some kind eventually, or it may get quilted as is.  For now it's hanging in my sewing room closet. 

What is on your design wall this morning? I'm linking up with - 
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This sampler is going to be cheerful and fun! I like the tulip blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the tulip blocks too! It will be fun to see it come together!