Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Blue Hexie is a flimsy

Blue Hexies is ready to quilt, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.


I hand stitched the batik hexies while on a bus trip shop hop with the quilt guild about 7 years ago, and they've been just waiting in a little box.  Waiting for inspiration I guess.


  This winter (while riding in the car to college basketball games) I hand stitched them into the hexie flower shapes, and hand appliqued those shapes onto a variety of 6.5" batik squares from the scrap bin. 
 

And yesterday I finished the piano key borders made from part of a blue batik jelly roll.  I debated about putting another hexie flower in the corners, but decided to just miter the corners.  That was much simpler.  It's only 40" square, so the piano keys went together quickly.  Now . . . I need to figure out what I want to do for quilting. 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It turned out great!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks great. It's your travel quilt :)

Moneik said...

I love how this turns out! I have a few left from a hand project, so I might have to use them this way.