Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2022

RBD Block Challenge - #8

 In spite of very limited time to sew yesterday, I did manage to make this week's block for the Riley Blake Designs block challenge.  It's called Garden Charm by Fran Gulick.


This was a really easy block, and it didn't take even a half hour to cut and sew.  So far the 8 blocks have been a really nice mix of simple blocks, and more complicated blocks.  Once they are all put together they should make a great sampler quilt, which is one of the styles I love.  Plus, making one block a week is very manageable.  


Blue and white is my color scheme, so I'm pulling scraps and chunks from the stash that are the right shades of blue, and have no other colors in the print.  The top photo is pretty accurate with the color, but this picture of all of the blocks is quite washed out.  Those dark sections are all a dark royal blue.  It's just next to impossible to get good light These blocks make me think of blue and white Delft dishes.  I believe we are halfway with this block challenge at this point.    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm working on piecing my combination blocks from 21 and 22 of some of these same blocks. Beautiful!!

Kate said...

It's going to be a lovely sampler. Blue and white is just such a classic combination. You've got some great blue stash fabrics.