Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Yellow bits and pieces


Friday was the first day I was able to sew anything since last week Friday.  It's been a very busy week, but spending a couple of hours in my sewing room was the perfect way to relax and unwind.  One yellow Twinkle Star was high on my priority list for RSC, and it's a cute one.


I did add another Friendship Square block, with yellow frames.  This square was shared by a guild member who must have visited Sturgis - maybe even during the big motorcycle rally.  I just know this square was in the box with the other guild exchange blocks. 


And I pulled out a couple more yellow centers from that same box. These will be yellow centers, with purple or green frames.  These Friendship Square blocks will be a variation on an Eye Spy quilt I think.


Tulip Time block #40 is also done.  Now I need to lay out these blocks and make a decision on how to sash them, and whether to set them on-point or straight. Bonnie's original pattern used a green sashing and a green piano key outer border.  Maybe that will happen . . . and maybe not.  This will require some experimenting I think.

Not much sewing will happen this weekend either.  Grandchildren activities to attend will take precedence today, and we are attending another WNIT college basketball game on Sunday afternoon.  Note to self:  I'm about overdosed on basketball for this season!

Let's see what RSC fans are working on this week - 
https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That Twinkle Star is pretty! Love the center fabric. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Neat idea for an I Spy quilt! And your Twinkle Star is lovely. Good luck with the tulip quilt, just in time for spring.

Ivani said...

Sarah, the yellow Twinkle Star is beautiful! And I like also the other blocks.

Nann said...

Love the daisy center for your Twinkle Star! Your tulips are a nice harbinger of spring.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Daisy fabric is just perfect in the center of the yellow square!

scraphappy said...

The yellow twinkle star is so happy! So much fun sewing going on. Enjoy the time with your grandkids though, the blocks will still be there when things calm down again.

Mari said...

I love the tulips! They look cheery, and I know you'll find the right layout and border. The twinkle star really shines, too!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Cool RSC blocks!!! Neat that you got some local flavor, Sturgis, in there, too!

sue s said...

I was immediately taken with the lovely Twinkle Star! This pattern intrigues me and some day I must do it. Also must do Bonnie's Tulips!