Pages

Friday, March 18, 2022

Sew much fun

 I still haven't had any sewing time since we've been home, but I have to show off some goodies from the Sew Vintage group.  This is my favorite "quilt-y" group, and that is mostly because the ladies in this small group are just so nice and they are fun.  Our little group has such fun each month as we share our love of all things vintage. 


We decided a few months ago to do a signature block exchange, and chose this little 4.5" heart block.  We were missing about 3 ladies last Saturday, but this is the heart collection so far. Aren't they cute? I'm not sure yet exactly what I'll make with these.  


One group member (Sandy) brought everyone a gift - these jar openers that she made. OMG - the pigs are just so cute!!!  


The front was sewn onto a piece of shelf liner to grip a jar lid. This is one of the most clever ideas I've seen lately. She did mention they were tricky to sew because of that texture, so she sewed them onto a sheet of paper to keep that shelf liner from gripping the machine.  I know this will get a LOT of use in my house.  

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What cute hearts and the gripper is a fantastic idea!