Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Hmmm - working on weekly goals

 Some weeks it's easy to focus on goals I've set and some weeks - not so much. This past week was a mix, but I had plenty of forward progress in spite of some detours.  I put away the yellow fabrics, and will turn my eye to a new RSC color for April.  And I also need to keep working on finishing up some on-going projects to make room for some new ones.  

Beads Quilt of Valor is a finished top.  I plugged away on doing the diagonal rows, and then added a 3.5" red border around it.  It took me longer to get this into the flimsy stage than I originally planned, but there isn't a deadline so it's just fine.  I have enough of the blue remaining for the binding once it's quilted. I'm very pleased with this one, and can't wait to get it quilted.  


I had set a goal of finishing the last 3 Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks, but decided a little detour was needed.  (Note: I did get sashing on ALL of the 108 completed FWS blocks this week.)  Some other Quilt of Valor blocks were easy to finish up while the red/white/blue fabrics were still out.  The colored pieces were all cut and just needed the white star sections cut. 


Those kits are for the Patriotic Star blocks that our QOV group has been making.  It's such an easy block to make and go together quickly.  Now I'm trying to figure out how I could maybe combine them with the panel sections that Connie gifted to me this winter.  I think I can come up with something, and the fun will be in the planning, right?


So, my cutting table and ironing board are now cleared off and ready for the next projects.  That means my plans for this next week will have plenty of things to play with:

** quilt & bind a Kim Diehl mini quilt
**prep binding for 30s Roll On baby quilt
** make & sash the last 3 Farmer's Wife blocks
** work on Saturday Sampler blocks for this month

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your beads quilt turned out amazing!!
And your stars - love them!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your beads quilt is so pretty, I bet you will use that pattern again! I can see it in torquoise and browns:) I am sure you will find a spot for the panels!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love the Beads QOV! I’m trying to decide on a way to use the panel from Connie, too.