Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2022

RSC - yellow plus a Rainbow finish

There wasn't as much sewing time as I would have liked this week but I did get a little play time with yellow the past couple of days. 


I had kitted up a Happy Block quilt a couple of weeks ago, and there were 6 of these cat blocks that were paired with yellow frames.  


These will have several different colors of frames, so I probably will just work on them as the colors come up for RSC each month.  I had one purple one already sewn as a sample block, and now there are 6 yellow to add to the project box.  There is enough yellow left to cut a couple more frame sets if needed.  In future months there will be purple, green, blue, orange, and black frames.  


Two more yellow Falling in Love blocks are done.  I really do love these heart blocks so much!  That makes 5 yellow and 5 aqua.  I only made 4 red ones, but since I have no idea how I'll set these together that is OK.  So far I've also made a 4" hourglass block from the corner trimmings of each one. 


One more Ohio Star block joins the others.  I counted, and I have 20 blocks now, so I'll just keep making them this year until there are enough for a good sized quilt. 


Gingham was a project that grew gradually in 2020-21, and is now finally completely done in 2022.  This is another of those bright cheerful quilts that happen because we're playing with a whole rainbow of color.  I love a scrappy quilt, and these rainbows always turn out wonderfully - in my opinion.

I'm saying a HUGE thank you to Angela for hosting the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and encouraging so much FUN sewing!!

13 comments:

Ivani said...

Yes Sara, the Gingham quilt looks beautiful. It is a great rainbow quilt.
You made pretty yellow blocks this week. And falling in love hearts are very cool ones.

grammajudyb said...

Hooray for enough yellow! Your cat Happy Blocks are going to be wonderful. Gingham is so so pretty. I like it a lot!

Mari said...

You have the prettiest yellow fabrics. The yellow hearts and the Ohio Star are so cheery, especially because I'm watching it snow right now. Congratulations on the Gingham finish, too. It looks great!

Chantal said...

Love everything in this post. Those heart blocks are calling my name I think. Just love them! Congratulations on finishing your gorgeous rainbow gingham quilt. ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful Gingham rainbow! I'm like you, I love the cheerful colorful quilts that come from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

scraphappy said...

Love, love, love the Gingham quilt. Off to a great start with the Happy Blocks too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your blocks, Sara! The happy blocks with cats in the center are so fun. The gingham quilt is gorgeous, too - perfect example of why I love rainbow quilts!

Dorothy Wills said...

Lots of good work going on there.

Jenny said...

Your gingham quilt is beautiful - and finished, congratulations. Love your Happy Blocks too, such a great name for these little cuties.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a fabulous RSC quilt finish and some lovely YELLOW/GOLD blocks for this year's projects!!

Kate said...

Love that kitty fabric in your framed blocks and those heart blocks are just so sweet. RSC projects really are the best, lots of bright colors and scrappy goodness.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh wow, I love the kitty blocks and the heart ones! so pretty! xx

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my your yellow block are fun!