Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

Design Wall Monday -

 Wow!  I actually have a Monday at home for a change.  I've whined about never going anywhere the past couple of years, but for the last 3 weeks all we've done is go somewhere.  So it's great to be home and playing in my sewing room today.


The 9th block for the Riley Blake Design block challenge is currently on my design wall, along with the other 8 blocks introduced so far.  I believe there are 7 more to go in this series. 


This month's Saturday Sampler blocks are in my plan for the week too.  This will be block #5 of 12.  I'm making 3 versions of each block, but only the Christmas version will have the extra fancy pieced sashing. I don't even have fabrics pulled for these yet, except for that sashing.


The batiks I plan to use for this month’s Nanci’s Stars are laying on my ironing board, just waiting for their turn this week.  I’m using a golden yellow, plus 3 dark brown batiks for them.


I still have some rows to finish up on the Beads Quilt of Valor.  The final blocks for Farmers Wife Sampler are on my radar this week too.  The templates are ready but I haven't chosen fabrics for them yet.  
And I picked up 2 quilts from the quilter on Friday, so I have some binding to prep for those.  

Obviously - I have WAY MORE on my To Do List for this week than I could possibly accomplish.  

What is on your design wall this morning?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's amazing how busy we can get. Last week I went away 4 days in a row and I was exhausted! All the WIP's are nice but, of course, my favorite is the blue Saturday sampler. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

Congrats to that other SD school in the NCAA! I do like that red/gray sashing with the small squares in the corners add something extra.

Moneik said...

It looks like you have a lot of great projects going. I couldn't set a goal because I didn't know what I needed to work on this week. I have lots I could do, so we'll see what comes up first.

Bonnie said...

I hope you make progress on all your projects. I really like your colors on the Riley Blake Design challenge.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The blue squares are so pretty, it will be striking when done!