Pages

Monday, March 28, 2022

Design Wall Monday - trying to focus

Farmer's Wife Sampler is finally in the assembly phase after over a year making the blocks, 2 each week.  The original plan was using a lighter tan print for the side setting triangles.  But the more I looked at them, the less I liked that lighter color.  And these first 4 were cut the wrong size anyway.  


Saturday I took some blocks into The Pin Cushion to look for a better color.  The little cornerstones had a creamy tone, as do most of the Kim Diehl prints that are in the quilt. So I found a similar print with that creamy color.  This is a HUGE improvement - and I cut the pieces the right size this time.  


Three diagonal rows are sewn together now, and I'll lay out the rest of the blocks to get a decent color distribution.  Adding at least one row each week is a reasonable goal to set for this one.  The Design Wall for this one will be my Design Floor where there is more room.


Block #5 for the Saturday Sampler is my second priority this week.  The pattern and fabrics for the Christmas version are what's on my cutting table this morning.  Once that is done, then I'll choose colors for the other 2 colorways I'm making (without the fancy sashing).  


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for April is pink, and I have a drawer full of pinks to play with.  Of course that didn't stop me from buying a couple of new pieces while I was in the shop on Saturday.  That pink poking out from the bottom (top of photo) is a half yard of a new one.  But I did pull a few pink options out of the stash to consider for the Falling in Love blocks.  Those heart blocks are definitely ready for pink to join the rainbow.  These are not my final choices, so we'll see what else is in that drawer. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday: 

5 comments:

Moneik said...

You're making great progress!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I like your Farmer's Wife quilt...the new cream your
using sets the whole quilt. Have a great day!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The more cream color is a much better choice! It is going to be a beauty!

Rebecca Grace said...

Sara, your Farmer's Wife quilt is looking fantastic! That's one of my UFO projects that has been waiting patiently in time out for quite awhile. You might just inspire me to get right back into it!

Barbara said...

Das wird ein toller Quilt und so schön akkurat gearbeitet.
Liebe Grüße
Barbara