Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Taking the long way home

When we left the Twin Cities area yesterday we expected an uneventful 5 hour drive home.  Well . . . that was nearly the case.  No accidents, but we did end up with an extra 50 miles.  Dave was on the phone with a coworker talking about a work project, and I was reading a book on my phone as we drove - and neither of us noticed when we got to the junction of I-35 south and I-90 west at Albert Lea, where we should have turned.  I looked up at one point and saw a road sign that caught my eye, and asked Dave why we were in Iowa.  We were actually 25 miles SOUTH of I-90.  We turned around at the next exit and headed back north. I can't believe neither of us noticed we had missed our turn!!!

So . . . I was lucky he was willing to still let me stop further along I-90 in Sherburn Minnesota at a quilt shop.  The Old Alley shop is actually in an old bowling alley building.

This is a shop I've visited several times over the years, and it is so cute.  I picked up some fat quarters, plus a "chunk" of what may be a former Minnesota Shop Hop print with words and pictures of winter fun in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. 

It was wonderful to finally get home yesterday and sleep in my own bed. I'm not unpacked yet, and haven't replenished the food in the fridge.  But I'm glued to my desk this morning trying to catch up with some work things.  I needed a break, so I'm dashing off this quick blog post.


My stops into a couple of quilt shops while in Minneapolis resulted in a few purchases.  That top fabric has fireflies with their butts lit up! So cute and made me think of childhood summer nights growing up in small town Minnesota.  That piece will be cut into 6" squares to share at guild next month.

I also picked up 2 patriotic prints for QOV blocks, a silvery batik with snowflakes, and a cute snowman print.  There is no plan for those, but they called my name.

Now - I guess I need to get back to work and finish updating some budgets.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You picked up some fun fabrics!