Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Farmers Wife Sampler - Progress

 Edited:  wet snow is falling this morning. It's sticking to the lawn, but melting on the street and sidewalk.  I'm trying not to whine about it because we need that moisture so desperately. 

You may get very tired of watching this one go together slowly on my living room floor.  Actually - I might get tired of it too.  This quilt is going to be huge!


A couple more diagonal rows are now sewn together.  The only place I really have that is large enough to lay this out is my living room floor. That means I'm very carefully picking up one row at a time, keeping them in order, and carrying them downstairs to sew.  Then I bring that row back upstairs.  I'm telling myself I need the exercise.  


I had missed 3 blocks when I counted things last week.  One of the missing was Ribbons, which is now completed and added to the "Design Floor". 


Star Gardener is all cut out and hopefully will be sewn together today.  And that leaves just one more block to make - Tulip.  


If I follow the photo in the book, this quilt will have 7 on-point blocks across and 9 down.  Floor space will run out before I get all 9 rows down, so at some point I'll have to begin doing a bit of folding.  And I won't make final block location decisions until the last 2 blocks are in the mix.  

I promise to NOT post about this one every day!  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome

Far Side of Fifty said...

It will be beautiful!

Astrid said...

I really like your fabric choices for this quilt, beautiful! I bought the book ages ago, so maybe one day.... lol

ThreadCatcher said...

I like the dark sashing. Great choice.

Kate said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt. You've done well with balancing the layout.