Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Gingham is finished

I can check off one more UFO from the list. Gingham is done!!  This was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project, and the gingham design blocks from a freebie from somewhere online that I saw.  The narrow frame around each block was something I added to keep those white squares from meeting up between blocks, and it definitely gave the blocks a more finished look.


Becky at The Pin Cushion did chose well when she quilted this one for me.  She picked a bright variegated thread and this swirly design. That thread is perfect because it shows up nicely on every block, and I love the texture on this one.  The backing I chose is a VERY loud splash of colors.  


Isn't it fun?  I'm not sure yet where this quilt will end up but it would be a fun gift.  The final size is 60 x 72 so it would be a really good couch quilt, or even be OK on a twin bed. 

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute quilt! It looks very cozy, happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

This is a fun bright one to cheer anyone up! Congrats on the finish.

Ramona said...

Oh, I love gingham! What a fun and cheerful quilt. Your backing fabric is perfect with the bright colors on the front. Well done!!

woolyjooly said...

Love this one! Really nice work on the quilting (Becky) too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is a beauty!! I love all the cheerful colors!

Nann said...

So colorful!

Kate said...

Congrats on a colorful and beautiful finish!

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! I love this cheerful quilt.