Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

City explorations

 Yesterday was my day to play while back here in Minneapolis, and I had an excellent day My cousin picked me up at the downtown hotel we are staying in, and we headed back to NE MPLS to one of her favorite restaurants to have a late breakfast/early lunch.  The Buttered Tin - a cute neighborhood stop with amazing food.  I love going out for breakfast! I ordered the “Damn Good Breakfast Sandwich” - egg, bacon, tomatoes, aioli, slivers of onion - all on toasted white bread.  And it came with a salad!! 

We tried stopping at one of her favorite bakeries to pick up bread but it was closed on Mondays, unfortunately. I had to take a picture of the sign at least, since it was Sarah Jane’s Bakery.  My name is Sara Jane too, but without the H.  


We ventured over to the suburb White Bear Lake for some fun shopping. Affinity For Quilts is definitely a stop I hope to make again.  The quilt shop is in a cute area full of interesting little shops. We walked all around a couple of blocks, exploring several shops.  My cousin even got the bread she needed at a bakery across from the quilt shop.

The afternoon ended up at her house briefly to visit with her husband and then it was back to the hotel for me.  We’ve stayed at this downtown hotel many times over the years as my husband has been coming to this conference for a long time.  But this year I am less than impressed. Yikes!!  It could be a poster child for staff shortages.


Like many hotels, they don’t provide daily room cleaning, which really is OK as long as we can get clean towels.  But this pile of linens was piled outside a room down our hallway on Sunday when we checked in.  Still sitting there!!  And last night when we returned to our room there was a vacuum cleaner and a bag of trash in the hallway between our room and the elevators.  

Our room appears clean, but you can tell in the photo that the hallway probably hasn’t be vacuumed in a while.  I heard yesterday that the conference committee is considering moving this conference to a different hotel after decades in this location. Might be time!!

  


3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Everybody seems to be short staffed every where you go. Times have changed so much in the last 2 years, so sad. Glad you are enjoying your time in the Cities!

woolyjooly said...

Are you going to fess up to your readers by showing photos of your purchases in the the Twin Cities? Fun day! Thanks for spending it with me, cuzz. ; >)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you brought some pretty fabric! There are signs all over up here help wanted, a person could have several jobs:)