Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2023

A date with the seam ripper

 Oops!  This is what happens when I get in a hurry!


This is a poor quality photo, but it definitely shows my big mistake from yesterday.  I had sewn the Sewcialites blocks into 3 sections and laid those sections out on the floor in my sewing room to make sure I had them aligned correctly.  But I still managed to sew one section upside down onto another section.  I'm grateful I checked before adding that last section. 


Luckily I had prepped some other projects to work on, so in order to calm my frustration I made 3 pillowcases for Quilts of Valor, and made one QOV star block to add to the collection.


A couple of very small finishes happened Wednesday too, as I wasn't ready to deal with that green quilt quilt yet.  There were these 12 little pink and brown blocks (6") in a drawer, so combined with a batting scrap, a bit of leftover pale pink backing, and a length of brown leftover binding, this little doll quilt is ready in my donation box.


And I put the binding on these 2 hotpads also made with leftovers.  I love having leftover binding pieces in a drawer because usually there is plenty for binding a mug rug or hot pad.

And today - once I'm done with the seam ripper, that green quilt will hopefully become a finished top.  

5 comments:

Kate said...

I hate those kind of sewing days. But you turned your frustration into finishes, so that's good. Hopefully the unsewing and resewing go quickly.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

big oops - sorry-- I hate when that happens

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have a good cup of coffee while you and Jack have a date, it happens to all of us!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The best thing to do when that happens is to walk away. If I try to correct when I’m frustrated, I make a bigger mess. I hope today is a better sewing day. Love the pink doll quilt.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My daughter calls it unsewing:)