Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Choosing a UFO project for May

The APQ UFO Challenge drew the number 8 for the month of May.   


One project on my list is already done - the Sew Together bag.  I finished it a couple of months ago, and it has been gifted to a friend.  On my list I've listed 2 UFOs for each month, plus a PIG so that I have the option to also work on something purchased long ago but not started.  I have way too many kits sitting in drawers.  I definitely don't finish everything each month, but do try to get at least 2 of the 3 moved forward toward finished.  Sometimes they get finished in a different month, which is OK.  Anything remaining on the list at the end of the year gets carried over into the next year.  


The UFO listed on top is already a completed top, so I need to choose a backing and get it into the quilting queue.  It was one of my versions of last year's Saturday Sampler.  I made 3 different sets of blocks last year.  This will most likely be a donation quilt or a gift eventually.


The PIG I've selected is small - a table runner kit purchased on sale about a year ago.  Lots of fun watermelon prints, and blending fabrics.  The pattern was for the Gameboard table runner, which is a Pieced Tree pattern - one of those cute little pattern cards.  But I had a couple of other possible layouts in mind, so of course it got set aside.  Once I check off a couple of this week's goals, then I'll do some measuring and see which layout might work best.   This table runner might be one I keep for a fun summer option. 

3 comments:

Nann said...

The sampler is bold and cheerful the same time! The PIG has a lovely array of prints.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The runner fabrics are cheerful and will look great for a summer project. The Pincushion must be a great place to shop.

Kate said...

What a fun project to tackle before summer. Love those greens and reds.