Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

To Do Tuesday

 There is one more small quilt to bind, but first I have plans to catch up with some other block making this week.  The binding will still be there waiting.


I'm caught up with the Saturday Sampler blocks. We got this month's pattern on Saturday, and I sewed it on Monday afternoon.  I really like how the small squares flow diagonally.  And I'm thinking this would make a really good Quilt of Valor block pattern.  


There is a small collection of extra 12" blocks for QOV, including a few smaller ones I added frames to bring them from 9" or 10" blocks to a full 12".  And I have also made a couple of new blocks just for fun, and to use up more leftovers.  This one is just a simple star block but with a 9-patch in the center.  More of these may happen as there are plenty of the 2.5" squares in the box.


Those churn dash blocks I made with kid prints last week made me think about making one using patriotic fabrics too.  Voila - another pretty block that is quick to make from the bin of scraps.


And there were pieces cut for one more Twinkle Star than I needed for that quilt top, so I sewed it anyway but left off those corner triangles.  I added the red frame to take it from 9" finished to 12".  


One other thing I want to finish this week is this doll quilt.  I found this aqua stripe binding in my leftover binding drawer.  It seems to be a better choice than that darker pink one on the left side.  


Next blocks needing attention?  The Scrappiness Is Happiness blocks.  I'm about 5 blocks behind on that one, so it's time to get in gear. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

All your star blocks turned out beautifully. I really like the patriotic twinkle star block. Have fun with your scrappy stitching.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love all of the blocks you’ve made. The top one would make a gorgeous QOV. The aqua stripe will be a pretty binding.

Bonnie said...

Nice selection of blocks. I need to see whether I have any scraps in the 4.5” or slightly larger. It seems most of mine are not very big. Hm, I may be saving too many really small pieces.