Pages

Friday, May 5, 2023

A flimsy & more

Before heading to my dentist appointment yesterday, I finished up a couple of more things that had been hanging out on my ironing board waiting for attention.  Have I mentioned how much anxiety dental work gives me? Even when it's just a cleaning or checkup. 


These little hexie blocks have made for good Leaders/Enders in between things.  


With the addition of the 2 hexies this week, there are now 8 total.  Very bright and cheerful, aren't they?  I still have no idea what they will become, but I do enjoy making them.


This project is finally a 72" square finished top.  It didn't take long to use my seam ripper to remove the upside down center section, but I was very frustrated by my mistake on Wednesday - so it went into Time Out for the night.  Thursday morning I pulled it out and finished the assembly. It needs a good pressing yet, and the light in my front entry doesn't do justice to the colors.  This will hang in the closet with other flimsies waiting for it's turn in the quilting queue.  


There were several pillowcase kits stacked on the very top of my project box tower, because they didn't fit into the project box below.  Guess it's time to make a bunch of pillowcases and clear off that pile.  Note to self - make at least 1 pillowcase each week.  I pinned 3 of these kits into the "sausage roll" ready to sew.  

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the hexagon shape pineapple quilt - in fact I might print out a photo of that and hang on my pattern wall to remember it. Did you buy a pattern or just make it up?
I don't like going to the dentist either - I have jaw problems and it hurts more each year to get work done and can barely hold my mouth open for the periods of time needed and the mouth is so small it is hard for them to find a block small enough they can work around to hold it open

Vicki in MN said...

Those pineapple blocks are just to fun!! I see Y seams in your future. Are you in SF and are you going to that big fabric sale?

cityquilter grace said...

i do love that green sampler star....very nice..

Kate said...

The green star sampler turned out beautifully. Your colorful pineapple blocks are such fun!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The hexie block are very interesting! Yeah for a finished flimsy with the green star! :)