Pages

Monday, May 22, 2023

Weekday Progress

I tackled the easy things from my list first.  

The Scottie Dog Pillowcase is done. Check it off!  This makes 11 pillowcases made so far in 2023. The red dog print was left over from a Quick Strippee quilt last year, and was hiding in that first scrap bag I was emptying out.  The plaid I bought last week, and I've already used some of the leftovers for some of the black & white Boxed Squares. 
 


  • Finish binding the Sewcialites wall hanging
  • Bind 2 doll quilts
  • Quilt & bind the Bee table runner (yellow/black/white)
  • Finish Bee hotpad (yellow/black/white)
  • Quilt of Valor projects
    • Pack up QOV parts into a kit for a member to sew  - DONE
    • Piece QOV backing
    • Test a new QOV block (Split Back Star) DONE
  • Scottie Dog pillowcase  - DONE
  • cut binding strips for Christmas Saturday Sampler  - DONE
  • cut binding strips for Country Bunnies small quilt  - DONE
  • finish last 5 blocks for Scrappiness Is Happiness
  • sew Rainbow Connections into rows
  • sew final orange blocks for RSC (Windmills & Small Hearts)
  • blanket stitch Dresden Lady block
The binding strips for Saturday Sampler and Country Bunnies are all cut, but do need to be pressed. Check it off!  




















The kit for a Quilt of Valor is all packed and ready for one of our members to assemble.  The red sashing strips were cut from some fabric donated to our group.  The blue and white blocks themselves were made by various members.  And the dark blue border fabric was from leftover backing.  Check it off!

And I tested out a new pattern we will probably be using for Quilts of Valor in the future.  It's called Split Back Star.  I made 2 of these using the same fabrics. It's very similar to the Floating Star we've used in several quilts.  I think this would look good with or without sashing.  


Now . . . onto the bigger tasks!!

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’ve seen several QOV online made with the split stars, and they are pretty with and without sashing. Great job of checking things off of your list!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the star too! I have not seen that design before!