Pages

Friday, May 19, 2023

Scrappiness Is Happiness

One distraction yesterday . . .


 I heard the loud gobbling this fellow was doing before I noticed him in the backyard.  What an impressive display as he strutted around calling to the females hanging out closer to the house.  Wish I could have gotten better pictures, but as he turned to display the puffed up chest - he walked behind that big tree.  He was back strutting his stuff later in the day again. 

Hmmm - lot's of sewing happened this week in spite of my having to work a few hours every day.  Those work budgets were on my mind, but 5:30 am is WAY TOO EARLY for me!  My husband has been on a job site the past couple of weeks and that alarm goes off before daylight.  However, I guess I've capitalized on the early mornings with extra sewing time.   

This was a Block of the Week project that fell by the wayside in April.  


Quick Dash and Patchwork Tulip were 2 of the blocks that didn't happen in April.  There are still 5 more blocks to make before assembling the rows.  Scrappiness Is Happiness is a Lori Holt book - one of my favorite designers. 

I'm hoping today to cut the fabric strips for the "homework" assigned before the quilting class on the Alaskan cruise.  Paper piecing and curved seams - fun and challenging!

2 comments:

Nann said...

Turkeys are making a comeback! They flock here, too. When is your cruise?

Vicki in MN said...

We haven't seen much of our turkeys since the trees and brush all leafed out. There might be one that comes through every few days but that is it. Kinda miss them! Cute Scrappiness blocks.