Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Design Wall Monday - May 8

 Hmmm - almost the middle of May already.  And we finally have real spring weather.  I think it's time to buy a few flowers for the front porch.  Pretty much the extent of gardening for me.


Lots of Quilts of Valor sewing happened on Sunday, including the use of this panel.  I'm still thinking however that I should add some pieced blocks across the bottom, and make that wide red area much narrower.  It feels like too much red.  What do you think? 


We had some blocks donated to us and they were in a variety of sizes, so I added frames to them to bring them up to 12.5" square.  There are still a few more that might work with frames too.


I used some of the hourglass blocks made from trimmed triangles, and made the top 2 blocks.  They fit right in with the "orphan" 12.5" blocks that were in the QOV box.  Eventually we'll have enough for a sampler style Quilt of Valor. 


The Twinkle Star QOV project is coming together too.  One row is assembled since I took this photo, and the rest are just waiting their turn.  One goal for this week is to finish this top. 

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 

5 comments:

Nann said...

The Twinkle Stars do twinkle! That setting will make a great QOV. Glad your group sewing day went well.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Looking good! The Twinkle Stars are even prettier all together.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like the red, it makes for a bright and cheerful quilt! Way to go with all the blocks!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, and I love the layout of the Twinkle Star quilt! Great idea to group them by four, surrounded by sashings.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those Twinkle Star blocks are great. All of a sudden I'm seeing a lot of those blocks in my feed, I must have missed something.